Tuesday, May 21, 2013

M.I.A... I'm back!

Hello Hello!

No, I didn't abandon my blog after 3 posts I was just busy GIVING BIRTH!! hoho.

As I previously told you my delivery date was scheduled for May 4th so that day we went to see our doctor and she explained to us that if my baby girl wasn't born by Monday I would have to be monitored daily to check if my baby's oxygen levels were still good and well it was just a pain in the ass.. but I was already having random pains that now I understand were a slow start of labor. So the doctor called the hospital and scheduled me to go in the next day at 8:00 pm unless the baby did it by herself before that... so my little girl and I had 32 hours to get everything started or the doctor would have to make it happen.

Then she checked me for dilation and told me that I was 3 cm open. and then she made some kind of massage to open the membranes..... it hurt like hell!!!! it was worst than the first time she checked. I stood up, she told us a couple of last things, gave us instructions for the hospital the next day and we were on our way. I finished paying for the delivery aaaaand that's when I felt it, I turned my head and told my husband that I felt like I just peed my pants. I went to the bathroom and the plug thing we have to prevent infections during the whole pregnancy was coming out. I cleaned myself and thought, OK, that's it for now (by it I mean the fluids coming out of my body), I can go and pay the hospital in advance feeling comfortable. I was sooo wrong! We went to the hospital, parked the car and the moment I stood up there it was again! that 'I just peed myself' feeling. IIUUK, but still payed the hospital and went straight home.

Thank God a day earlier I went and bought some stuff at the supermarket and we had enough to make some baguettes with the ham my husband likes. I wouldn't have to move from home until I seriously had to. At this point I was starting to feel something like random strong menstrual cramps and I had to go to the bathroom every 5 minutes because that liquid was still coming out and no it wasn't because the water broke.

By 7:00 pm that day it started to get obvious that I was in labor.. but I think I was just denying it.. I kept telling my husband that I was ok, but he was freaking out and stressing me a lot saying every time I was in pain that we needed to go to the hospital ASAP. One hour later we called the doctor and she told us to wait until the pain was every 5 minutes; At 10:00 pm I told my husband to take me to the hospital and so we took all of our things and left home.

The hospital is really close to home so it didn't take long for us to get there. We went to the reception and told the lady that we had our labor package paid and gave her my doctor's instructions. They took forever to come with a wheel chair and take me to where all the ladies go and have babies. The nurse checked my blood pressure, and gave me an enema.. very uncomfortable thing but to be honest I thought it was going to be worst.

Then they took me to a room to go through labor and the nurse told me that she was going to call the anesthesiologist, I told her that I wanted to wait until I couldn't deal with the pain anymore, OMG good thing she ignored me and called the man right away... by the time the doctor came to the hospital I was already in agonizing pain! The doctor was this little man who my husband says looks like Dr. Chapatin from an old TV show. I just remember the man was really annoying.. I don't remember his name, I just remember that he kept saying the most inappropriate things to say to a woman in such pain! To be honest the epidural was scary for me, I  think it was all part of me reading too much and watching too many videos about pregnancy, labor, delivery and everything around it while I was on maternity leave. So I was really scared and when he told me it was time to put it on I started shaking and crying like a baby... the man kept saying with a really desperate voice that I should calm down, that he couldn't put the epidural in if I kept shaking, I was like SERIOUSLY?!?! you little little man!! I mean.. What kind of an anesthesiologist with vast experience with pregnant women has such little patience right? still, I tried to keep my composure until it was just too much and he asked if I was listening to him, because I was still shaking and crying and not doing what he was saying, and so I told him that I was listening I just didn't want to answer. Honestly I was trying to stop shaking and crying like a baby and his stupid voice wouldn't let me concentrate.

At last the doctor could do it and the pain stopped a little, I was so tired from the pain that I fell asleep for like five minutes when I had no pain at all, or I thought I had no pain.. honestly it probably still hurt a little but compared to no anesthesia at all it was pretty relieving. When the medicine wore off I was feeling all the pain again. Then my doctor arrived and checked how everything was and I was open 6 cm so she broke my water, I saw a bunch of videos where women said that they felt less pressure once their water broke... honestly I felt nothing but water running down my thighs and my husband says that my belly deflated and he could see the shape of our baby.

I don't know how long it was but the anesthesiologist came in two more times to let more anesthesia in and my doctor also came in a couple of times to check the progress until I was open 9 1/2 cm and they took me to the delivery room. once I was there the same drill of every video I watched went on, except for the annoying anesthesiologist still in the picture. The doctor told me to push while she tried to accommodate my baby because she was a little bit rotated so I could see how she was trying to turn a huge screw inside my body. Once she was on position she kept saying push push and all of that. Again the stupid anesthesiologist with his dumb comments was just  completely inappropriate. I tried to listen only to my husband and my doctor that were telling me that I was doing well and that I should push just a little bit more and all those positive comments.. and Dr. Chapatin was just telling me how it was not enough, that I wasn't even trying and OMG I just hated him so much.

But then my baby was born and I could see her for the first time. She stopped crying when I talked to her
and I was just so happy that couldn't stop crying. I saw her and to me she was so tiny, very very small human that just came out of my body. I found out later that she was not small at all (compared to other babies) she was 3,765 kg (8 1/2 pounds) and 50 cm long. She was the biggest baby at the nursery while we were there. I saw this other woman with her baby in the nursing room and at that moment I though well my baby does not look like a newborn at all!! but she is the prettiest one of all. Oh dear... Did that sound like snow white or what?

I think I got too excited with this, I just wrote an extra long post.

Later folks!


No comments:

Post a Comment